New England Motor Sports Museum

The Future Home of North East Motor Sports History.

The museum will open in the spring of 2017. It is nearly 10,000 square feet, the first of two planned structures at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH. 2.66 acres on which the museum sits is leased from the Speedway for 90 years at $1/year. It houses race cars and motorcycles, a library and research center with 1,000 books and its bound racing magazine collection, a 25-foot long display case holding trophies won by New England drivers, an 8-foot square display case holding helmets worn by drivers on their way to major race wins and championships and thousands of photographs of racing in the northeast and vintage videos. Exhibits reflect the history of motorsports in the northeast of the United States. You are invited to contact us and join the thousands who have already helped make this museum a reality.

Who Are We?

We are the Racing History Preservation Group. Incorporated in New Hampshire, we are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit guided by significant personalities in northeast motorsports. President Dick Berggren, Executive Director/Curator Ray Boissoneau, Vice President Lew Boyd, Treasurer Ken Smith, Secretary Ric Mariscal and Museum Steward Jack Doyle are joined by 23 other members of the Board of Directors. No Director has or will received compensation in exchange for their services.

With no financial support from any governmental agency, the museum has been built and its operating expenses are paid by individuals and groups intent on preserving the history and supporting the future of motorsports in the Northeast.

Latest News

12.16.2016
First Trophy


On Thursday, December 16, 2016, North East Motor Sports Museum curator Ray Boissoneau moved the first trophy into the museum's custom-built 25-foot long trophy case. It was won by Bentley Warren in 1969 in his first of six Oswego Speedway Classic championships. Read More
12.08.2016
Newest is Very Old


The newest car on the floor of the North East Motor Sports Museum is very old. Built in England in 1932, this J2 MG is owned by Peter and Rachael Ross of Bolton, MA. It was originally raced the year it was built as a factory car driven by Archie Langley and Jack Bastock. It raced at some of Europe's most storied tracks. In 1934 the car was imported to the US by Sam Collier where it was raced in ARCA (the precursor to the SCCA) Read More
12.02.2016
The First Car


On December 1, 2016, the first car to arrive on the floor of the North East Motor Sports Museum was the #1 modified which was driven by Geoff Bodine to dozens of wins in 1978. The car has been magically restored by Ronnie St. Germain and Mark Alden for its owner Carl Oberg (who in our photo is closest to the car and wearing a blue shirt). Read More
11.28.2016
First Car Scheduled To Arrive December 1
The first car to arrive at the museum has a pavement history. Its driver played a major role in building the car and dominated New England the first year he raced it. It's due to arrive at the museum on Thursday, December 1 at 1pm. However, it's coming on an open trailer and rain is in the forecast. Read More
11.20.2016
Finishing The Floor


In mid-November, ICS Coatings completed a four-day project of preparing, then epoxy-coating the floor at the North East Motor Sports Museum. Dillon Coburn, the project's on-site foreman, is shown applying coating to a section of the museum that will become a drag racing diorama. Read More